IRLE offers many opportunities for students to engage with and produce top-level research on labor and employment at UC Berkeley. For questions about opportunities please contact Christina McKay, IRLE Program Assistant at email@example.com.
- Student Research Awards
- The Institute for Research on Labor and Employment (IRLE) at the University of California, Berkeley supports rigorous interdisciplinary research projects on topics aligned with our mission: to understand the dynamics and policies affecting workers, working life, and employment. We provide funding up to $6,000 for graduate students. Applications for 2019-20 funding are now closed, but we accept applications on a rolling basis as long as funding is available. Contact Associate Director Sara Hinkley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Dissertation Fellowship Program
- IRLE’s Dissertation Fellowship Program offers $7,500 stipend per semester and resident tuition and fees for students nearing completion of a dissertation related to IRLE’s mission. We are currently accepting applications for a second fellowship round to provide funding for one semester in Spring 2020. Apply by Friday, October 18, 2019. Awards will be announced by November 1.
- Undergraduate Research Apprenticeship Program
- IRLE serves as a host for URAP projects related to our mission. We provide faculty and students with additional support: submitting projects, matching students with projects, student training, and an end of semester meeting.
- Working Groups
- IRLE provides funding for faculty and students to convene working groups to explore themes relating to labor and the lives of workers. The goal of this program is to foster scholarly dialogue, exchange of ideas, and seed research initiatives around a broad range of topics.
- Labor & Employment Related Courses
- Review UC Berkeley’s course listing of courses related to labor and employment.
- Visiting Scholars Program
- Visiting Student Researchers hosted by a Berkeley faculty member can visit IRLE to work on independent research projects that contribute to the study of labor and employment issues.
- Events and Meeting Space
IRLE hosts regular lectures and conferences, where guest speakers, faculty, graduate students, and visiting scholars present on a variety of topics. We also provide seminar space for faculty and students to hold events.
If you would like to use our space contact Christina McKay at (510) 642-3651, email@example.com.