50% GSR, Fall 2020. Step will be based on experience.
The IRLE Student Services GSR will work closely with the IRLE Associate Director to provide mentorship and support to IRLE’s undergraduate student research cohorts. The GSR will also work with the IRLE team to develop a long term training curriculum that can be used with future student cohorts. Specific responsibilities include:
Undergraduate Student Research Cohorts Mentor
- Provide operational support to IRLE funded student research cohorts, and liaise between cohorts and IRLE staff
- Provide logistical support to Faculty leading these research cohorts as needed. GSR to attend research cohort meetings regularly.
- Answer student questions, and provide guidance for students on research best practices. Advise students on research methods and possible approaches for answering key research questions.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to undergraduate students participating in these cohorts. GSR can anticipate providing support to 2 to 5 cohorts depending on student needs
Student Training Curriculum Development
- Work with IRLE Associate Director to develop Undergraduate Student Research Training Curriculum
- Develop a comprehensive set of training modules and relevant training materials that will be used to lead training workshops in Spring 2021.
To apply, please submit a resume and short cover letter to IRLE@berkeley.edu. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, applicants are encouraged to apply soon!