IRLE offers many opportunities for students to engage with and produce top-level research on labor and employment at UC Berkeley.
- Student Research Awards
- The Institute for Research on Labor and Employment (IRLE) at the University of California, Berkeley supports rigorous interdisciplinary research projects on topics aligned with our mission: to understand the dynamics and policies affecting workers, working life, and employment. We provide funding up to $6,000 for graduate and $2,000 for undergraduate students. Applications for 2019-20 funding will be accepted in spring 2019.
- Dissertation Fellowship Program
- This program offers an interdisciplinary environment for students to develop their research ideas, receive feedback on written work, and receive training in key aspects of research design, academic writing, and post-PhD career development. We will accept applications for 2019-20 fellows in spring 2019.
- Undergraduate Research Apprenticeship Program
- IRLE serves as a host for URAP projects related to our mission. We provide faculty and students with additional support: submitting projects, matching students with projects, student training, and an end of semester meeting.
- Working Groups
- IRLE provides funding for faculty and students to convene working groups to explore themes relating to labor and the lives of workers. The goal of this program is to foster scholarly dialogue, exchange of ideas, and seed research initiatives around a broad range of topics.
- Labor & Employment Related Courses
- Review UC Berkeley’s course listing of courses related to labor and employment.
- Visiting Scholars Program
- Visiting Student Researchers hosted by a Berkeley faculty member can visit IRLE to work on independent research projects that contribute to the study of labor and employment issues.
- Events and Meeting Space
IRLE hosts regular lectures and conferences, where guest speakers, faculty, graduate students, and visiting scholars present on a variety of topics. We also provide seminar space for faculty and students to hold events.
If you would like to use our space contact Christina McKay at (510) 642-3651, email@example.com.
Sign up for IRLE News
To receive updates about IRLE events, funding opportunities, and events on campus related to labor and employment, sign up today: