- Faculty Research Awards
- The Institute for Research on Labor and Employment (IRLE) at the University of California, Berkeley supports rigorous interdisciplinary research projects on topics aligned with our mission: to understand the dynamics and policies affecting workers, working life, and employment. We provide funding up to $20,000 for UC Berkeley faculty. We will invite applications for 2019-20 funding in spring 2019.
- Undergraduate Research Apprenticeship Program
- IRLE serves as a host for URAP projects related to our mission. We provide faculty and students with additional support: submitting projects, matching students with projects, student training, and an end of semester meeting.
- Working Groups
- IRLE provides funding for faculty and students to convene working groups to explore themes relating to labor and the lives of workers. The goal of this program is to foster scholarly dialogue, exchange of ideas, and seed research initiatives around a broad range of topics.
- Visiting Scholars Program
IRLE provides institutional support and space for visiting scholars who are working closely with UC Berkeley faculty.
- Events and Meeting Space
IRLE also hosts a variety of seminars, conferences, debates and courses relating to our mission. We have several meeting rooms available to Berkeley faculty affiliates; contact Christina McKay at (510) 642-3651, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grant management
IRLE provides pre- and post-award assistance for faculty applying for extramural research funding. In 2016-17, IRLE supported successful faculty proposals to the Russell Sage Foundation, the U.S. Department of Labor, the Laura and John Arnold Foundation, and the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, among others.
To learn more about our services and to request assistance, please contact Nan Cramer at email@example.com.
- Replication data
IRLE’s storage archive hosts replication data for faculty affiliates.
- Secure data hosting
IRLE also hosts secure data sets for researchers and facilitates the process for obtaining administrative and other secure data.
- Publishing with IRLE
IRLE has two publication series to which faculty can submit their work.
Sign up for IRLE News
To receive updates about IRLE events, funding opportunities, and events on campus related to labor and employment, sign up today: