Open date: September 28th, 2018
Next review date: October 15th, 2018
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: November 1st, 2018
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
A Full-time Assistant Project Scientist position at The Center on Wage and Employment Dynamics (CWED) at the University of California Berkeley Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, will be available beginning November 2018.
This position is open until filled.
The Assistant Project Scientist will conduct research on the effects of federal, state and city minimum and sub-minimum wage increases on local labor markets, health and education outcomes of adults and children, child well-being, and other outcomes.
The Assistant Project Scientist will help maintain CWED’s data infrastructure by compiling and manage data from many sources, such as: Bureau of Labor Statistics, Census Bureau; Behavior Risk Factors Surveillance Survey; and Center for Disease Control Vital Statistics Data.
- Working with very large data sets in STATA.
- Coding, merging and appending datasets using STATA.
- Conducting econometric analyses including testing and estimating regression models.
- Supervising graduate and undergraduate student researchers Designing state of the art research studies.
- Writing and presenting papers for scholarly publications and for policy briefs.
Minimum/Basic Qualifications required at time of application:
Ph.D. or equivalent international degree in Economics or Business.
- At least three years of experience since Ph.D., evidence of previous productivity, such as papers accepted in refereed journals or presented at professional meetings.
- Advanced coding skills as well as expert proficiency with STATA; experience with designing and implementing advanced econometric techniques, such as Event Studies, Synthetic Control Methods, Wild Bootstrap estimations and others.
The initial appointment will be full-time for two years, with a possibility of renewal. Extension of the appointment is subject to performance and availability of funds. Benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage are included in the compensation package. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit Berkeley’s Recruit page at: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/apply/JPF01871.
Please address any inquiries to Christina McKay at email@example.com.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct.